View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #190 (permalink)
Macskyver
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I love the work, no question. Want something for mine. And this thread shows a beauty. I'd like to meet the owner, to shake his hand and sincerely compliment his work in person (which is how I read the "below sixty mph advantage; as part of a compliment). The thread is lovely inspiration. Would be a boon to society far more than beards, tattoos and tee shirts to see dozens of such bed covers in a day.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Let me know if you ever head down to the San Marcos area and I will show it to you in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
But I could take an otherwise identical truck and install the above contractor pack with full size ladder rack and produce better mileage than with an aerolid. If "use" isn't quantified by any owner of any project (ability to do work part of that), then aero below 60-mph is fairly without meaning. Let me set the definitions of "work" (there is no other reason for a pickup) and my engineered "aero" contractor package will kick ass over an ordinary pickup with an aerolid.
I agree, the shell definitely diminishes the ability for the truck to do normal truck work (i.e. haul stuff). The purpose for the shell, however, is for easy (no tent) camping/overlanding. The aero gains are a secondary bonus.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macskyver For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (05-31-2017), deejaaa (05-31-2017), slowmover (06-02-2017)