Thread: Jeep Renegade
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Some sort of gauge or instrumentation is a good start, I use an UltraGauge. It looks like the front spoiler is already in line with the lowest parts of the underbody, so a full air dam may not be needed, but you could always add larger tire spats in front of the wheels. If you go offroad at all use conveyor belt for durability.

Your biggest gains would be adding some sort of boat tailing, it looks like there is already some amount of taper built into the vehicle. Extending that taper would help, I always dreamed of building a 1-2 foot extension on the back of my wife’s 4Runner that would function as a boat tail disguised to look expedition-esque by incorporating a tire carrier and ladder.

When it is time for tires, that can make a huge impact. Pick a tire tread to match your usage, aka use street tires unless you need all terrains. Bigger diameter could help gearing, but with nine speeds and a 0.48 overdrive I doubt you need it so I would go back stock size.

There probably aren't any huge amounts of weight to be reduced, but try and keep from adding any additional weight that isn't needed.