View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #285 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Well, the time has finally come. Soonish, the Insight will be taken off the road, and my 04 Civic will be my daily driver. I'll be pulling the transmission out of it (possibly the engine too depending on how easy it is to pull one/both), and fixing my growly input shaft bearing and grinding down the tabs on the 2nd gear synchro to get rid of my 2nd gear grind. I'll be inspecting a ton of stuff when I do this. I'll look over the suspension and brakes. The clutch doesn't engage real smooth, so I may resurface the flywheel, or replace the whole thing. I'll probably run new fuel lines because my temporary fix is still in place from when it rusted through in late fall. I also hope to find some sort of smoking gun that'll help fix the hesitation I get driving the car.

I really want this thing to run well. Not being able to fix it has been a real killer on the 'fun-ness' of this car.

I'm posting this now because I'm guessing you guys will want me to look into a few things when tearing it apart. I'll start taking requests now so that when the time comes I can just do it. I'm also looking for suggestions on anything else to look for while I do this. I'd like to cover all my bases whiles its off the road. Once its back on the road the Civic will be sold and I won't have this opportunity again.