View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #507 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
I thought of making a metal enclosure but for the concern of shorts, I didnt do it. I work with sheetmetal all day at work so itd be super easy. But even with some sort of internal coating, circuit board pins and solder points are sharp and could eat through in no time if something rubs.

Nice work on the black iduino enclosure. Ive thought about making a custom sized enclosure from plastic, perfect for where it is needed, plus with the appropriate mounting points attached. One way to do it would be to use something like a cut up car glovebox, old TV, or really just about anything. They sell a thick superglue and an instant spritz hardener (typically from mail order, guitar shop supply, taxidermy supply, etc.) that lets you build the joints up and it becomes extremely strong. Ive used it before and it is amazing stuff. Then sand it and paint it.

Im thinking of trying the iduino for my next mpguino, since the first one was a success for the most part. I might try something different for the enclosure, since I would be able to go smaller.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver