View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
nemo
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thad2000 View Post
I haven't changed a damn thing... I use to get 32 tops.. now, wow.
I accidentally drove (at over 40mph) up a curb blowing out 3 of the four tires and bending the rims... Then.. oddly my mpg went up when I through on new tires (exact same size).
So, What happened?
I've been driving 40miles a night to work. Freeway without hypermilling or anything. I have been getting 34 to 37 mpg constantly.
So, here are my possible answers.
The gas station I am getting gas at is perhaps off in their pumps giving more gas than is registering. ? I have been getting 34 to 37 mpg constantly.
The hard jolt of the accident changed my timing.. or the belt is old enough that It's stretched? perhaps the jolt knocked out a sensor.. It seems to run worse than ever until the engine warms up.
So, how does that work? I really do like economy.. And I wanna know why this all happened if it's not the gas station so I can replicate it and work on getting the best mpg possible. btw, I'm sure I've gone over 900 miles getting this kind of milage. my low seems at 34. Oh, pulling a trailer I think I got 33.
Too many variable to tell. Some other possibilities alignment was the car aligned after the incident? Now runs bad until warmed up, vacuum leak? Warmer weather will also increase mileage.
The Following User Says Thank You to nemo For This Useful Post:
jcp123 (06-10-2017)