View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #113 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
RustyLugNut — Insofar as manufacturing, first things aren't different, then they are.

Shining a laser on the undersurface of a vat of liquid enabled a 100x increase in print speeds. Large scale manufacturing facilities are laid out like a capacitor, with a materials side and a product side with printers en banque as electrolyte. Bad analogy.

Do you use CNC? I respect tools from Yankee Workshop hand-powered wood-working, to AvE's Youtube channel about fabri-cobbling on an old Bridgeport, to the make's $350 4x8ft CNC router. It will never be like Star Trek everywhere. Oh yeah, there will be flint knapping demos at the Oregon Country Fair again this year. There are more people knapping flint tools today than there were in antiquity. Because more people.

The Sun. Who knows what it is, other than the 900-pound gorilla in our little room. The competing theory is Electric Universe. It's like this, only turned up to 11:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_globe

The mothership
www.thunderbolts.info/

This one is dismissive but informative. They claim lack of mathematical rigor, but ignore the predictive power:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...lace-thornhill

Links, social media, videos , gifts and presents:
Thunderbolts.info Electric Universe theory (EU theory) website

Fissile material: https://www.google.com/search?q=fissile+vs+fissionable

What's the d@mned rush? In a small fraction of that 1000 years we can engineer means of ameliorating the long tail of guardianship necessary after the energy has been used for any and all purposes. People run around like a headless chicken.
My second degree is in Industrial Engineering. But I grew up on a Pacific Island where some of the tribes people still used stone edged tools. I have little interest to return to such a lifestyle even if people here in the west have romanticized being primitive as the preferred life to live. I'd rather not deal with the scarcity of healthy food and water, no electricity and siblings passing soon after birth. I'll deal with the problems of nuclear power and climate change - thank you.

And yes , I have several CNC tools as one would suspect. I have used SLA printers going decades back and the technique you mentioned about shining a laser on the underside of the vat to gain a hundred fold increase in print speed is incorrect. They are using a high resolution projector to project each layer. And I still have the hand plane and hammer inherited from my grandfather. They still work. Unlike your fabled 3D printing factory.

And the emissions of the sun are exactly as those from the thermo-nuclear blasts in the south pacific A-bomb tests of the 50's. I am pretty sure the sun runs on thermo - nuclear fusion reactions as it's main motivator.