View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 06:13 AM   #133 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
That's because most people believe that human actions are warming the planet at least some. But most people do not belive it's a problem or a problem that can or should be fixed.
Actually only 15% to 20% of voting age americans believe man is the driving force behind climate change and that this is a problem that must be fixed now.
I call them the militant minority.

The Bill nye show sucks because his politics only appeal to a small numerous of people, as most religions often do and the rest of us don't need some elitists engineer scolding us just for breathing.
Almost nobody is willing to reduce their standard of living for the sake of preserving resources. The problem is unsolvable because most people justify their way of life by pointing to someone else who consumes more. It's pretty easy to say "hey, it's not me, just look at that other guy".

Just look at the leader of the CO2 religion, Al Gore. Even if someone were persuaded by his arguments, his hypocrisy (relative carbon footprint) makes even the most sympathetic people say "well, what are ya gonna do".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
...I watched another video where he said only climate scientists should be allowed to debate against climate change.

Isn't that a double standard?
Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson both believe they are intellectual superiors in all matters just because they know more about certain subjects. Both make claims that are provably false, which should instill some humility, but looking at the current political climate, humility isn't en vogue.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 06-14-2017 at 06:20 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (06-15-2017)