View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder
 
aardvarcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Evensville, TN
Posts: 560

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Thanks: 189
Thanked 458 Times in 248 Posts
Progress has been slow, mainly due to other priorities plus getting myself wrapped around the axle a few times on some details (such as the oil cooler lines) but now I believe I have that resolved.

I have gotten some pretty significant strides made towards the electric fan setup, I ended up deciding to lap my two 18” fans in the middle to get them to fit within the 34” radiator. In order to do that without making the assembly too thick, I cut away at the excess shrouding at the overlap point, leaving myself roughly a half inch of clearance between the fan blades and any other items.

I got the first round of heat welding (melting them together with old soldering iron) the shrouds completed, so the fans are securely attached together. I will have to do a few more minor modifications to get the shrouds to work together well with the core support at the bottom of the radiator as well as any modification to attach them to the shroud at the top.

Anyway, some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	21976   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	21977   Click image for larger version

Name:	A3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	21978   Click image for larger version

Name:	A4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	21979   Click image for larger version

Name:	A5.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	21980  

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	21981   Click image for larger version

Name:	A7.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	21982  
  Reply With Quote