View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
MakitaDiesel
The Practical Modder

Thunder - '85 Honda CRX Si
90 day: 44.84 mpg (US)

Lightning - '89 Honda CRX HF
Last 3: 46.25 mpg (US)

The Darkness - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.84 mpg (US)
'97 Civic isn't getting power to #4 connector...Help!

'97 Civic DX Hatch with a '98 D16Y5 (HX) swap. Complete changeover, engine harness, ECU, all stock. Ran fine for 5 years and then sold it to a friend who needed a car for work. He had it less than 24 hours before it threw a code for misfire.

- replaced fuel filter, no change.
- plugs and wires were recent.
- deduced that #4 wasn't getting fuel, pulled the injector and swapped it for #3, no change.

When I pulled the rail, #4 had no fuel in the manifold port (it looked dry) while the other three where wet. I confirmed the injector was not firing by using a flathead screwdriver against the injector body and not hearing the tale-tale tick*tick*tick that the others exhibited. I tested the injector itself by applying 12v on the bench and hearing the click as well as seeing liquid squirt out. The connector itself looks to be in good shape, no corrosion

Concluded it was #4 injector connector is not getting power. Would grounds do I need to check or what multimeter procedure do I follow to trace the culprit? Could it be the ECU? If so, why after running flawless when I owned it?

Thanks,

Mak