View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #84 (permalink)
TexasElectric
EcoModding Lurker

Daox
"dropping a wrench on open leads...", yup i've been there and done that. I use to own a used car dealership, I did most of the repairs myself. I remember one time I was jacking up a car and a wrench slid off the fuse box and landed on the battery (nice big spark and the wrench wet flying).

California98Civic
Adding the blue 'lock tight' to the triangle blots is probably not a bad idea. I'm excited to get my bike up and going, cant wait!

6/23 update
Today was kind of another 1/2 step back 1 step forward kind of day (but better than yesterday). I soldered the BMS leads to the negative of all the 'packs'. I have to wait until Monday/Tuesday for the heat shrink to arrive in the mail before I can solder those leads to the BMS.

I am planning to mount the controller and BMS to a 1/4 inch piece of wood that will sit on top of the battery pack in the rear bag (see picture below). I'm going to use plastic/rubber spacers to stand off the controller and BMS from the wood to allow for increased air flow/cooling. Additionally I have a small heat sink I'll be placing on top of the mosfets on the BMS (not pictured, yet).

It's foretasted to rain this weekend, plus I want to get out for a Saturday morning road bike ride with a local group of riders. I'll have something to report after this weekend (ie. more progress), but we'll see...

It's getting there... more progress!