Thread: Prayer Request
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ford Man
Master EcoModder

Thanks everyone for the prayers and support. Both Thursday and Friday we spent time together going shopping, talking, watching a movie and having supper together. I think a large part of her problem is that I'm disabled and she works a full time job. I know what it's like to work full time I did it myself for years usually working 50-70 hours per week. Since I'm disabled she thinks I have all this free time to just do as I want, but that's not the case. I have chronic back pain and she knows it, but she doesn't understand that I hurt 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Yes, there are days that I feel pretty good and get a few things done around the house but there are also many days that I don't even feel like getting outside the house. If my lower back isn't hurting then my upper back is if neither of those are bothering me it's usually either my neck or legs which are also affected by my injury. I also suspect that some of the people she works with feed her a bunch of crap like "if my husband were home all day he'd better have supper ready when I get home". I do occasionally cook supper and try to at least once a week either grill or go to a restaurant and buy our meal to give her a break from cooking. What I really think happened is she made some type comment to someone then they started playing the devil's advocate telling her I didn't care anything about her or didn't love her and they kind of brain washed her into believing it. I'm the type person who will tell anyone exactly what I think of their actions or what they say to me, but she's more the go along to get along type and is sometimes easily persuaded in a different direction than what she knows she should be going. As far as the possibility of an affair I'm over 99% sure that's not the issue. She doesn't drive and has been riding to work with her female supervisor or female co-worker. We live about 15 minutes from where she works and nearly every day she was home within 20 minutes of quitting time. After she got home, in all but the very rare occasion if she went anywhere I was taking her or my son and his wife were taking her. With her not driving meant she couldn't say I'm going to the grocery and be gone for 1-2 hours without me knowing where she was because I'm the one who takes her to do the grocery shopping or at least 98% of the other places she goes plus most nights we were home together. Ever since we've been married we've lived either in a small town in NC or KY. Both towns are small enough that if anything had been going on behind my back someone would have seen it and spilled the beans. I've also talked to her previous supervisor that left a few years back and she said that if there was one thing she was sure of it was that my wife loved me and only me. I prayed that God would not only soften her heart toward me but if there were things that I was doing that creating part of the problem he would also change my heart to be more loving and supportive. Regardless of what anyone says I know prayer works and God doesn't just put us out here and leave us alone in times of need.