View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #91 (permalink)
TexasElectric
EcoModding Lurker

6/27 update

I took yesterday off like I said I would, but I decided to work on the BMS today.

I am watching a bunch of YouTube videos and quadruple checking my BMS instructions to make sure I get the wiring correct. I have half of the BMS wires soldered, the other half are labeled and waiting to be soldered tomorrow.

Future thoughts...
I am really impressed with my ride this past weekend. Before starting the jurney to make this eBike I had done some research into DIY eletric motorcycles. I am keeping an eye out for a 1000cc sport bike (R1, GSXR 1000, ZX-10R, etc...) with engine problems (or high mileage). Something I can buy for around $1,000.

I've been a little 'goody two shoes' for the past 7 years, living a calm and mellow life. I think it's time to have a little fun (like I use to have when I owned my previous motorcycles). I need to sit down and figure out exactly what I want from this motorcycle (range, power, budget, etc...) and start doing research on parts.

I am wondering if I could build a 240v AC system? Why AC, and why 240v? Of course you want high volts low amps because the system will run cooler, but I'm also thinking that I should be able to source 240v AC components cheaper because of their wide spread prevalence in Europe, common home appliances, and commercial/industrial applications. The battery would be DC (of course) and i'd use something like a full wave bridge rectifier or DC to AC converter.

But all of this Electric motorcycle talk is for another thread at another time...