View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
mavinwy
EcoModding Lurker

Neon1 - '97 Plymouth Neon highline
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)
Thanks all for the good words.

The Metro story is not that great. One of the delivery semi trucks backed into it and the damage done was more than the value of the vehicle since the frame was tweaked. I did buy it back and sold the motor, 5 speed and tires to another local metro owner that wanted them, so I guess it still lives on in its own way.

As far as the EOC, I know it is not that big of a deal...with a manual. It is kind of a pita with an auto. We shall see next spring how that one goes

I probably should have mentioned that I am currently running a vacuum guage rather than a scanguage, mostly because I had it sitting on a shelf and fixing the runability and comfort issues came first.

To be honest, I know a lot of people slam the neon as cheap and unreliable, but I have been pretty impressed on how easy this has been to work on and modify. and have had no problems with runability after I changed the radiator which was leaking. (gotta love parts cars). The style has grown on me. and with the Highline trim, they are pretty comfortable.

My other vehicles are all modified somewhat, and even here in Wyo with all of the mountain driving they all get at least EPA, and most better. The Neon is a luxury to purely test ideas on and see what mods work before applying them to the fleet.

I'll get some pics of the current mods and put them up for the critics at some point.

As far as the VG's go....thanks for the link. I am thinking about mounting them to sheet magnet first so that I can play with positioning.

Jim