View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,797 Times in 937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
Try pulling 4 sleds in a 27 foot enclosed trailer with a foot of snow on the ground, 230 miles to northern Wisconsin at night in below zero weather with your Prius. You may "think" the four wheel drive truck your referring to is worse handling than an all wheel drive car, but it wasn't built for that. A 4 wheel drive pickup is built for the things the OP wanted in the first place, not what you "think" a Prius will do. I'll put my Diesel F-250 up against it on that 230 mile night towing trip against your Prius anytime.
You must have missed this from the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38fln View Post
Well - I've never 'needed' the truck's 5 ton towing capacity so I'm thinking I'll come out OK. U-Haul rents trucks if I ever need to move myself, and in the future I might get a Ford Escape. Seems to still get decent MPG and has a trailer hitch.
And, all redpoint5 said about his Prius was that he's pulled 1,800 lbs with it before. No one asked about pulling a 27' trailer through the snow on whatever specific night in Wisconsin, because none of us appear to be that concerned about pulling 27' trailers through the snow on whatever specific night in Wisconsin. You might as well ask what any of us will do when we need to tow a 53' trailer through a hurricane in Podunk, AL; let's see your pickup truck do that in this hypothetical pissing contest. Better go buy a Peterbilt just in case.

Speaking for myself, if I ever find myself needing to pull a 27' trailer through the snow on whatever specific night in Wisconsin, I'll rent a U-Haul and be done with it. But I don't expect that day will ever come.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (07-03-2017), Frank Lee (07-02-2017)