Thread: Prayer Request
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 02:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
puddleglum
Master EcoModder

Rondo - '07 Kia Rondo EX
Last 3: 20.47 mpg (US)

Tinkertoy2 - '00 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
Last 3: 46.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
I prayed that God would not only soften her heart toward me but if there were things that I was doing that creating part of the problem he would also change my heart to be more loving and supportive. Regardless of what anyone says I know prayer works and God doesn't just put us out here and leave us alone in times of need.
Hey Ford Man, sorry it took so long for me to see your request. I will pray that God will bring healing and restoration and love back to your marriage. That He will use this to bring both of you closer to Him. I think you are wise to seek marriage counselling from a qualified marriage counselor who is a believer.
Sorry that you have had to face some negativity along with the support, but that is to be expected on a secular forum I guess. They don't understand because they don't know Him. But I think you know we have a loving Father who understands our weaknesses and comforts us in our pain. He will hold you close and carry you though this. He is our hope and we have confidence that He hears and answers when we call to Him for help because he has promised. Sometimes, though, the road to healing is still painful and difficult, don't lose heart. I've had a pretty traumatic day as well so I guess my words are for myself as well as you. God bless

Almost all my driving is done 1-5 miles at a time.
Best short trip: 2.4 l/100 km, 3.9 km