View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
Don't bash the fellow. He is going through the natural thaught process as we all have.

When the hype first came around we all said "cool, hydrogen power" then did the calculations to discover that it was not even remotely possible.

He is a little bit late in the game an generally anyone who is capable of crunching the simplest numbers now knows how inefficient hydrogen generation is. Combined with the fact that people have been trying to push hydrogen boosters and other nonsense to the market people are generally fed up with topics related to hydrogen.
I understand and I don't want to hurt his feelings unnecessarily, but I felt obliged to fast-track the process.
Because a 250 liter tank of Browns gas under atmospheric pressure is more deadly than a hand grenade or a small stick of dynamite.

My chemistry teacher ignited a layer of Browns gas foam on a dish washing tile.
Water, soap and maybe one liter of gas filled foam... What could possibly go wrong?
Nothing went wrong.
But no less than 10 teachers from the neighboring classes came storming in to check everyone was all right, and we were impressed with the strength of the classroom windows; none of them broke!

I once witnessed a huge lightning strike in a flagpole less than 10 meters away. I'm unsure whether the bang was harder or not.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 07-21-2017 at 05:17 PM..