View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
ar5boosted
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallscaleH2 View Post
A more interesting question to ask now however is: is hydrogen usable in Diesel engines (so not gasoline engines, but Diesel engines) ? If not, what's the reason why it doesn't work in them, and are there any workarounds to fix that problem (like using fuel or combustion chamber pre-heating, adding of a spark-plug inside the combustion chamber, ...) ?
If I find that I can just use hydrogen in Diesel engines, then that would even be better than if I were able to use HHO.
HHO seems like it was used to supplement Diesel and extend the range of British Tanks in WWII. So it does work alongside diesel fuel.

However, HHO all by itself when burnt gives you a metal cutting torch.

When burnt / ignited / oxidised whatever it will melt the Iron in the engine.

How do you propose getting around that ?

But, more seriously, talking about these things in a theoretical sense won't get you anywhere. HHO has been proven to be in the same category of fuels as Hydrogen-Peroxide. Highly unstable and dangerous.

Sure there may be ways of making it work, but you haven't proposed any yet that haven't been already tried by mainstream Science, Corporations or talented hackers.

If you want a Hydrogen car, you can buy one today:

- https://ssl.toyota.com/mirai/fcv.html

Just $57,500 MSRP

Most people would be skeptical if you can make something better than what Toyota have with their multi-billion investments in the field.
future - probably a Prius