View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Alien Vehicles
Amazed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac View Post
I'm not that familiar with the 250 Ninja. Is that EFI or carbureted? MPG in the 70's might be due in part to enrichment. I think one of the later Megasquirt incarnations or something similar should be up to spark and fuel and would allow you to monitor what is going on with the engine. Gearing is another factor. What is the RPM at your targeted cruise speed?
Hey joemac, the 250 is a revver, most of the power above 10k..but it has good midrange if you tinker with it.. The motor we just took off was a Honda CBF125, and it is a closed EFI system (We couldn't hack it). Dead on with enrichment, that dang injector was dumping fuel in at 10:1 at 60 mph+, which killed us. We have an Ecotron's (Similar to MS, but not as good)unit that we have played with a bit her, but it has been a pain on mapping. So I am taking a break and running good ole carb's for a bit (Dual Mikuni 30's with 38 and 86 jets) to get some serious numbers on the table (Goal 230+ with carb's). As we are trying to get the new engine settled in, we are also installing a ton of telemetry and monitoring stuff, and I will share with you guys as we get it working. I have found the the best money spent thus far was a standalone wideband AFR meter. It tells you as soon as the map get's off the reservation...and pairs with the pyrometer to let you see the effect of the decreased quenching of lean state (Staying under 1100F).

The Following User Says Thank You to Alien Vehicles For This Useful Post:
HHOTDI (07-03-2018)