View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Alien Vehicles
Amazed..

Hey elhigh,
love the McCormic! (I used to have a tricycle, and put a chevy 6 cyl. in it!)

Glad you get/like the lights...it is a butt load of lumens combined. The top side lights on the a arms blink as turn signals...and I love to sit and watch it.

Filling a arms...yep. They make a nice blend of downforce, too. I was killing that 125 with my big butt, pushing max rpms (8-9 k) and 650 degrees on exhaust gas temp. The 250 will be so much nicer..and quieter (I solid mounted the engine to the frame for strength on the 125...and it was like 140 db inside!)

Disc's- heck yes...after fighting the initial prototype pants, barely able to hold it with passing cars or cross winds, I pulled them..and will start back with single-sided disc's on the outside as we work our way back to best-case.

Thank you so much for the compliment and constructive support, McCormic, you cannot know how nice it is to feel the fellowship of colleagues with this thing... Please keep the thoughts/suggestions coming...team's, build.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Looks awesome. I liked seeing LEDs on the fore edges of the A-arms, gives such a small vehicle a lot more visibility at night. Good.

I also had thought to mention filling in the A-arm triangles to cut their drag: oops! Already done. Super cool. When you're trying to push a 300-lb ride with a 200-lb rider at 60+ and you're using just 125cc, you fill in the triangles!

I wonder if adding discs to either/both sides of the front wheels, and to the rear wheel, would quiet it down/add speed/increase fuel economy? Normally it's played down a bit since it's not a big contribution on something as massive and aerodynamically noisy as a car, but you're already below .10 cD. I think smoothing the wheels would make a pretty darned big difference if you're that low already and still running bare spokes.

Again: beautiful. Keen to see where you go next with your efforts.