View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 04:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Look on the bright side. Your chance of getting shot at is probably quite a bit lower in Page :-)

As for those long, lonely drives across the reservation, why would you want to leave? You're right next tof Glen Canyon NRA, not that far from Grand Canyon & Bryce Canyon National Parks, and much else.
Yes, compared to Afghanistan, it is paradise.

The district website says "Live where others vacation!" I wonder how magical Disney employees find their respective parks.

I imagine I would spend my breaks visiting family, just like I did in the Army.

I tried to work on my Civic instead of driving to Page on Friday.

If I tried to leave town, I would probably spend thirty minutes driving, and thirty minutes waiting for my engine to cool down, unless I hit hills...

I rented this car Friday night: Mitsubishi Mirage Reviews - Mitsubishi Mirage Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

The girl kept trying to get me to super-size to the Versa. I think that was the last car that I rented, thus far a rather uninspiring thing.

Not that I expect to be singing praises about the Mirage. My Civic is seventeen years older, but has a 28% better power-to-weight ratio, and a smarter transmission--me!

I need to figure out how to shift that ammo box, just flooring it keeps me above 5,000 RPM until I eventually reach the speed limit.

This illegitimate child does not have cruise control.

I found and applied to thirty-five places in fifteen days, which is more than I had ever found. I had a Skype interview with someone in Mom's hometown that advertised for a permanent full-time position, but it was neither permanent nor full-time. She wanted me to take over a smaller caseload than I currently have (which is inadequate), for less pay, so she can consider selling her business. If there were not enough deal-killers, she seemed indifferent about everything but having someone take over for her as soon as possible.

It sounds like she does not like her own company.

I asked far more questions than she did.

She offered me the job and I declined.

I have only had one other response, but I am not sure how many employers recruit over the weekend. I have an interview on Monday with an agency that claims "No two clients are ever further than 15 minutes apart, unless agreed to."

I agreed to all of my clients, whether they were 5 or 45 minutes apart.

I want work.

I feel like I will know whether or not I am supposed to move to Page when I get there.

I should really get to bed first.