View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
How is this for multiple streams of income?

I was on the phone with the awesome mom of my favorite client, telling her I could not find a school job down here, when a school job down here called. If they hired me I could stay and could keep some clients, but I would need to continue seeing about half of them to make as much as I will in Page. No problem, eight-hour work day, and two clients after school each day, with a great deal of driving. That should still leave me Saturdays to take care of other things, like getting into grad school.

Or I walk to and from the school in Page and have twice as much time to get into grad school...

Was the timing of that phone call ironic? They are not interviewing until next week, but they start in four days! They still have not found an SLP. Anyone can earn a Bachelor's in Speech (and Hearing Sciences) (and become an SLPA), but most graduates struggle to get into a Master's program. There are over 200 in the U.S., but the ones I know only accept 30 each year, but they have 300 applicants, and they only choose the best. I probably saw 100 openings for Arizona school SLPs when I looked two weeks ago.

I am not moving to Page for the money, but I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to earn it.