View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #384 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknomage2012 View Post
We have lived with only an electric car leaf since 2014 and have logged about 50,000 miles of emission free travel. We have pulled up to 3 tone loads 20 miles uphill with our leaf, and have imported it to Finland where we get along just fine year round with our EV
I'd love to do that! And any suggestions would help! If I could avoid making a pusher trailer or packing around a generator I'd be all ears!

I really don't mind the shorter distance the Leaf goes between charges. It actually goes just about as long as I like to drive before taking a break. CHAdeMO is nicer than Level 2. But a lot of times my only option is 120V charging which takes all night to charge.

The two towns both east and west of here seem just barely within reach. I've driven from Montrose to home (Gunnison), going 35mph, freezing with no heater, no charging station between here and there and made it home with 10%...

In a few weeks have to go to Moffat, then to Denver and stay in Denver for a week, then go back to Moffat and then home in Gunnison. But I have 120V charging only for the first 120 miles or so. And then I have a level 2 in Salida, then in Caņon City I only have 120V again. I'm trying to figure out how to take the Leaf on this trip instead of renting a car for $400. If there were just a few more level 2 charging stations I'd do it in a heartbeat! a few CHAdeMO DC quick charging stations and I'd be in heaven!