View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:48 AM   #40 (permalink)
smallscaleH2
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
Build your HHO system and have it powered by an external battery.
Inject it with the fuel, see how much of a benefit you get.
Yes, HHO injection (and not HHO-only use) could also reduce the air pollution caused by the vehicle, and commercial HHO injection kits exist already. It's a possible alternative to the hydrogen injection I first proposed (and should be a bit cheaper), although it's somewhat less safe.

Do any other methods exist to reduce the air pollution (I'm not talking about reducing emissions, I really mean reducing the air pollution) ? What I've been thinking about is a sprayer that creates a water mist over the tailpipe outlet so that (a fair portion of) the exhaust gases are washed out. This idea is similar to this. The reason I mention to spray it over the outlet (rather than have it injected in the outlet is that this way, the outlet flow isn't reduced that much, so doesn't reduce performance of the engine. It won't work perfectly (there will still be some air pollution, even when hydrogen injection is also done) and it won't be able to reduce emissions either, but it should improve things compared to not doing it at all.

Plain rainwater could be used (rather than tap water). The only thing I'm not sure of is how much water is needed (per 1h of running) to achieve this, and what sprayer I best use ?