View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
JockoT
Master EcoModder
 
JockoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 654

All That Jazz - '06 Honda Jazz i-DSI S
Team Honda
90 day: 48.72 mpg (US)
Thanks: 36
Thanked 135 Times in 100 Posts
And assuming you have a 625 amp charging supply, keeping a good contact is the problem. You certainly couldn't use a plug in connector. If you have a resistance in the wiring/switching/connectors of 0.01 of an ohm (100th of an ohm), the heat developed at that resistance, at 625 amps, is 3.9Kw. I worked on high current circuits and we used OFHC copper (Oxeygen Free High Conductivity), and it was a nightmare to keep connectors clean, tight and not overheating. That's why mercury switches are used in high current industrial switching.
We were operating at 1000 Amps, and the copper cables were as thick as your wrist.
__________________
People Think They Are Thinking When They Are Merely Rearranging Their Prejudices


  Reply With Quote