View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #289 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Sky Candy

Got the two outboard stinger sections painted yesterday.White Rustoleum enamel over #400 wet-sanded primer-sealer,over #220-sanded double-doped BONDO,over doped cardboard,nailed to the cedar skeleton.
I got as far as I could with the center section until I ran out of material.
I think the air's gonna like it.
The boat tail is 75% skinned.It is getting fiberglass to help survive potential hail storms I may encounter on the road.
I can finally 'see' what it's gonna look like.My best effort yet.And I think the air's gonna approve also.
The community barn is 'clear',and this coming week I'll get the rig over there to recon the fake trailer wheel.
The composite work is devouring the calendar.There's only a brief window,temperature-wise for some operations,so I have to juggle things based upon pot-life of mixed chemicals.And I need to get cracking on the wheel/fairing to have a shot at completing for the trip.
Seems like hundreds of things ahead of me.
If it works out,I'll be able to get numbers for:
*EV,uni-body,'camera' pickup with,1-wheel,fully-gap-filled,range-extender trailer.
*EV,uni-body,'camera pickup,with boat-tail and stinger.
These should be the lowest drag configurations.
*then I'll start yanking things and adding mirrors until I run out the clock,trying to get as many configurations in as I can.
I think I've got a shot at some tasty numbers.DARKO will tell.Fun!
BamZipPow (08-12-2017)