View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #200 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Since stupid Dropbox dumped all my pics, I've had little motivation to update this thread. Without pics, here's what I just did:
1. Pull the passenger mirror mount and made a coroplast/black duct tape cover. Nice and flat, looks good! Used a chunk of 3/4" insulation foam sheet to buffer and ran a bolt through for mounting.
2. Pulled washer squirters out of hood, as well as roof mount squirter and antenna mount. Used aluminum duct tape under all (roof squirter I couldn't find an easy way to do this, so I used some expanding foam for the backer). Then, used some thick coats of plasti-dip (non spray point one, the kind in a can you dip into) to fill it in, leaving it "flush". Doesn't look too bad, just black "spots" now, lol.
3. I bought another interior mirror and a "clamp on spot mirror" to replace the drivers side mirror. Will make another coroplast blank like I did on the passenger side and attach the mirror to that. Should be my greatest aeromod out of all this listed.

If I find the time, I'd like to complete my rear underbelly before a road trip coming up (~1500 miles total). My goal is to try and get my car to hold leanburn at 50+MPH constantly. It sometimes seems to struggle and I can't get but as low as 47MPH w/o too much throttle and kicking it out. Hopefully the "every little bit counts" here will get me to where I need to be. 50MPH is kinda of a minimum for this trip!

Oh, I also re-seated my sparkplugs and checked my VTEC valve, which looked perfectly clean! Woot!