View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
I think I first read about it on the Prius subreddit a couple months ago. I installed it so I wouldn't forget about it, but the bluetooth scanner I had died years ago. I remembered that my dad has one that he doesn't really use; I borrowed it from him when we visited for the eclipse. Now I'm thinking of getting a nice one like an OBDLink.

I've always been bothered by my Prius' lack of gauges and info. Most newer hybrids and EVs tell you how much power is being used from where and have a trip summary, now owners of older Prii can have that with a $20-50 scanner and a smartphone.

I actually stopped and removed my lower grill block between the first and second screenshots because of this app. I've never seen any hard numbers on what the MG and inverter temps should stay under, but the app was showing them as yellow so I decided to see if the block was making much of a difference. Turns out it was, I'll put it back on in a month or two when the temperature drops a bit.

The only thing missing from the app is the ability to read codes. I don't know if any Android apps can read Prius specific codes, so a mini-VCI cable and Techstream would still be good for someone doing their own maintenance.

Camry Thread
E-Bike Thread