View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
johnathanf1lm
EcoModding Apprentice

Eco taco - '21 Toyota Tacoma Sr access cab
90 day: 22.72 mpg (US)
Removing the 3ish pound batter and having to deal with idle issues and such would be more a pain then anyting. even with leds the alernator at idle is putting out basically nothing so i would have to run a higher idle etc. Deleting the alternator and switching everythung to 12v and running a lifepo4 set up woukd be way better. But super costly and would have to have a solar set up to charge it without paying to charge it (already have free panels to do so). I havent really started to work on my 2nd cb125 (calling it cb125hf) but when i do ill have play around with leds and such. I currently just hate how when i turn the turn signals on everything kind of dims headlight too) but i also dont want to bake the battery. I like my fan idea though to burn some of the extra amperage at high speeds. I could also design it to act like a regulator. For my cb125hf i plan on trying to make it look stock (no cafe racer or noticeable aero fairing). But get killer mpg by other means (weight and engine mods).