View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #204 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
lol, you've said that before. Still on the list! If it gained me 1mpg, it would be done today. ha!

Anywho, road trip is completed. I pushed my car into leanburn as fast as it could go the entire trip, which got me anywhere from 45mph to 70mph, depending on the hill. On flat ground, was like 54-58mph average. Pushing the throttle even a hair more kicked it out of leanburn, so it was a real balancing act. While in leanburn, it would often sit around 90-95MPG, but of course purges would drop this average (and it depended if I needed a speed boost for hills or traffic if I pulled off a little for the purge).

I had one 10% grade mountain I couldn't even get 2nd gear at 3K RPM to climb, so I was having to go into 1st and floor it up to 5K to get up it! I pulled over twice for a bit of a cool down as the engine temps were hitting 224*F and intake at 170*F (even with warm air intake removed). That was easily the worst part of the drive.

There was also some construction that forced me into 70MPH, some uphill as well. Didn't wanna be "that guy" holding everybody up, so it was at least 10 miles worth of that.

On flat ground, I saw the meter telling me I was getting ~85MPG quite often, so I think this car, as is, can do it.

Anywho, here are the results:

First tank was metered 79.6, but actual was 81.35. Second tank metered 82.7, but actual was 82.66 (that one was really accurate!). So my trip total was around was actually around 82MPG. I'm totally satisfied with this!

Tires, finish belly pan, and figure out how to get some wheel covers for this beast and I'm sure I can get that up to 85MPG pretty easily. Put on the boat tail (at what, 10% increase) and we might be looking close to 100MPG tanks on the highway! Time will tell... if I ever get to them, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170827_224542.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	22536  
The Following User Says Thank You to NoD~ For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-28-2017)