View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
Ok... well explain why diesel fuel is much cheaper to refine, but cost so much more.... I know the answer... but want to see if you can pull yourself together to put the correct answer out there without your political beliefs getting I the way.
You should have asked why I would support gasoline when the refinery makes 1/3 less pollution to produce a gallon of diesel vrs a gallon of gasoline, and the refinery makes more pollution per gallon than the car burning it, lost opportunity I guess.

anyway

In the last 17 years gas has been cheaper than diesel 2/3's of the time, meaning around here it's sometimes cheaper than gasoline

Explain why when you graph gas prices vrs diesel that when gas prices are higher diesel is usually lower and when gas prices are lower diesel goes higher?
A simple Graph shows the behavior around here like clockwork. Diesel high = gas low and Visa versa
(Comparitely over the last 17 years here at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
State and federal tax diesel more than gasoline.
In NM diesel is around 30 cents more per gallon, most of that is the states high diesel tax.

The same can be said about electric vehicles. With out handouts most electric vehicle models would die off.
Even with $4/gal gas a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford additional thousands upon thousands of dollars more the electric vehicles cost.
I guess that explains why TSLA does so well selling $100,000 plus vehicles that make the $7500 look like chump change.