View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #152 (permalink)
ishiyakazuo
Test Tool Engr.

Red Rocket - '02 Honda Civic LX Sedan
90 day: 33.57 mpg (US)

Bronze Bucket - '98 Toyota Corolla VE
90 day: 34.97 mpg (US)

Silver Bullet - '06 Hyundai Sonata GL
90 day: 31.58 mpg (US)
"Just trying to get something working" is probably the most common excuse for breaking existing functionality I've heard over the years.

It's all well and good if just getting something working, with no hope of improvement later, is the end goal, but my thinking is that we'd all benefit by working from a common code base, so maybe we should concentrate on fixing that before moving ahead just to "get something working," don't you think?

I'm not trying to be judgmental (it sounds like you may have taken it that way), but I think if we can change our paradigm about code reuse on this project, we'll all be happier for it. Updates made by one person will magically propagate through to everyone's units... sounds wonderful to me I'm also worried that this code base is getting/will soon be out of date with respect to the MPGuino base, meaning there'll be extra work later to merge back up if we decided to do so then.

What's done is done, but now that we have a battle plan involving even more logical branching off, it's more important than ever to keep up with each other by sharing a common base.

Don't you worry about that ISO direct circuit -- I'll make that baby purr.