View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #293 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Wall O'text. I ran it through Mac OS Summarize for everyone's convenience. At text at 5%:

Quote:
The stated loan guarantees are $1.47 Billion but I don't know if that even tells us all that was spent to complete the project. ... The cost per actual output is $10 / Watt when you factor the actuall output versus the nameplate capacity that is always talked about in the media.. ... If it rains for a day the batteries will run out overnight and you will get nothing. 1 day of rain.

...Over a 25 year service life if they don't spend another penny, The solar farm divides out to 8.5c/ kWh. ... Lets say the storage batteries will very optimistically last 3000 cycles. 8 years. you will go through at least 3 sets of batteries in 25 years. ... So $2.3 Billion to store 12 hours of average output for 25 years.
As paragraphs at 1%
Quote:
The stated loan guarantees are $1.47 Billion but I don't know if that even tells us all that was spent to complete the project. Were there any government rebates ot tax incentives? But that is the only number published so we will run with it. So the cost per namepkate capacity is $2.67/ Watt. The cost per actual output is $10 / Watt when you factor the actuall output versus the nameplate capacity that is always talked about in the media.. And this includes no storage. Which Tesla power is quoting at $0.40 / Wh for grid modules. So to store only 12 hours of the average would add another $0.7 Billion. Let’s say the first time installation of the batteries was free while doing the other work. Which will smooth the output for 1 day. Total initial install costs of $15 / Watt? with 12 hours storage? If it rains for a day the batteries will run out overnight and you will get nothing. 1 day of rain. Nothing. Please wake up people. We are in a solar trance of misinformation.
Just trying to help.