View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGomatic View Post
I replaced the clutch hydraulics this spring. It was easier than I thought! EricTheCarGuy has an awesome D-I-Y video that covers it all. Parts were under $30 from RockAuto. I was able to get the job done solo, using a fluid extractor to bleed the system.

I'm going to gather up all of my posted 360º vids into a playlist today. I'll keep experimenting with it.

Hyundai helped kickstart my Ain't Fuelin' project and loaned me an older Sonata to test with, early on. That's the car rolling out of the garage in the intro: https://youtu.be/zFl6n1T1FCw
ETCG's video was great. It showed that simple way I used to determine my clutch master was going. Between him, ScannerDanner, and South Main Auto, there's a lot of good stuff out there that I use. I suspect that Eric will become more important as he's the ex-Honda dealer tech.

Good on Hyundai! They've gotten very keen on moves like that. Between that and the general excellence of their products of late, Hyundai/Kia will deserve every ounce of success they achieve.

Definitely experiment with 360 further. It isn't for everyone. It took me 15 min to sort of get it, so those with short attention spans will not watch. But I kinda like having something different under the sun.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17