View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Rosieuk
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Rosie, thank you for sharing. Have you asked on forums specifically for your car or on https://www.reddit.com/r/Cartalk/? I have gotten some good help there. Good luck!
I've looked on Hyundai forums and all over the place, all the advice has been about as useful as a chocolate teapot, replace this, replace that. The new cat is definitely better, runs at about 300c on the top and it's breathing better. Garage did their usual crappy job courtesy of Master Monobrow. Tore up the heatshield which is almost impossible to replace.. I suspect it's the inlet manifold (they're known for it) but that's a whole lot more hassle and expense.
I'd rather leave stuff like that to garages, although I usually source parts myself. I had skin cancer removed (they might as well have used a chainsaw looking at the scar) from my arm in December and have just been diagnosed with CFS and my back is wrecked courtesy of incompetent doctors, so bending and working with heavy parts is not a great move for me..
Still it looks a lot better painted up and fitted than the old one, and it doesn't seem that the bad idle is upsetting it any.. it's going into another garage for a full check over anyway before MOT.