View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
freddyzdead
EcoModding Lurker

Hi Jez, nice to see you here.

So, you were getting around the same fuel usage as I am. I guess that makes me feel a little better; I thought there might be something wrong with my engine, robbing me of fuel economy. I wouldn't expect too much from it, anyway; the extra power has to come from somewhere, where else but more fuel? I have noticed there's little difference between highway and city driving as far as fuel economy. That suggests the motor is working pretty hard all the time. More reason to keep the oil nice and clean.

I landed here after deciding to see what would happen with replacing the battery with a capacitor bank and/or lithium battery. I have confidence of success based on the research I've been able to do. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say. My hope is to forget about battery issues for the rest of the life of the car.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about your unichip piggyback system. Is this something you can install yourself? I almost bought Copen from Grunt on Copenworld, but he ended up selling it to his niece. He's living in Japan now. I think he had D-Sport ECU on it. I don't know much about that, either, or whether it helps the fuel statistics.