View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #54 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFECO View Post
Yes, the parking-emergency brake issue is a real one! The GC brakes would be the simplist answer, even though adding weight and complexity with added linkage.
It turns out to be actually more complicated than it initially appeared, since it's likely that you'll retain the chain drive between the GC axle and the motorcycle wheels. In case of a chain rupture (even though it may be very unlikely), it would not be any effective as an emergency brake

BTW since you'd be supposed to run it on rough environmental conditions, I still believe you would benefit from full chain covers similar to the ones used in the classic Honda Super Cub. It not just protects the chain from eventual damage caused by debris but also keeps it lubricated more effectively thus saving oil/grease.

Quote:
I have also never had any brake failures on the motorcycles I've had
I have also never had any brake failure, not even on motorcycles with all-drum brakes. Well, all-drum brake setups for motorcycles are usually all-mechanical anyway...

Quote:
these two big motorcross bikes have some of the best brakes ever
I'm sure the lower load factor may turn out favorable to their efficiency in a motorcycle, while in a heavier 4-wheeled side-by-side ATV it becomes quite challenging.
The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
CFECO (09-09-2017)