View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I had been waiting until the First to post another fifty auctions and see if I ever wanted to do this again, but before that happened, they told me I owed them almost nine dollars.

Paypal did not deposit $67, it gave me $73.90. I do not care to figure out why none of this adds up, if eBay has poor business practices, and does not take their cut before sending sales proceeds to Paypal, I should have received $75.90. They keep saying that I cannot buy or sell until I pay the ransom, but that hardly seems worthwhile, and while it seems like they are trying to cut into nonexistent margins more than they had claimed, it appears it would be far more worth my time to donate everything to a homeless shelter.

They have started to threaten to start fining me and take me to collections.

Over less than nine dollars.

In unrelated news, The City of Tempe fined me for parking in front of my house before I moved. It was only $44, but that was 10% more than I supposedly earned, and 100% more than I have had to spare in a while. They kept threatening to tow, but I towed the car myself over five hours away.

Could you imagine the impound fees for 283 miles?!

When I finally had the money and jumped through flaming ring-sized hoops to pay the protection money, they offered to let me make installments.

That seemed like fun.

However, there would be a $20 charge, due on the first payment.

So, make one easy low payment of $31, then a total of $33 afterward? Brilliant!