View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Lightbulb Generator Propane Conversion

Thought I'd show my recent experince with one of these guys:

Available on ebay for a whopping $25.

I wasn't expecting much. Oh, I was hopeful, but still...I hate gasoline and carburetors! So for $25, I had to know.

It was a direct fit for my cheap chinese generator. Swaps directly in place of the old carb, and is identical to the old carb, except for the additional propane delivery stuff and the aluminum float bowl:

It runs on low pressure - after some research, it turns out to be the same pressure range that BBQ regulators put out. (about half a psi) So I salvaged a regulator from a trashed BBQ:

It works! Even with a decent load on it -- not a hiccough! Not bad for $25! I'm thrilled!

(Ok, so starting it takes some finesse, but once you work that out, it's pretty easy to do again)

Disclamer: For demonstration purposes only.
I am in no way suggesting anyone else does this, nor am I in any way responsible if you blow yourself up, burn down your house, or suffocate yourself. Nor do I care if your engine runs lean and burns a hole through the piston. If you chose to do this, you are responsible for your own decisions. Heck, man up and start being responsible for all your other decisions while you're at it!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	propane carb.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	22671   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2771.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	22672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg
Views:	390