View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
JRMichler, thank you very much for pointing out that! I had planned on recording a short video of it. I recently bought a tripod for my phone, so that works perfectly. Thank you very much for the reminder! I will be sure to plan for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Incidences of vehicles not being on the system and being insured are very rare. Usually it just requires a phone call to clear up. And the cops here are usually very polite, very helpful, and unarmed!
Are the criminals unarmed out of common courtesy? The officer that stopped me last night was polite and helpful enough, but I felt he must have been bored. I was stopped Christmas Eve for having a headlight out and I would definitely describe him as friendly and helpful. When I started looking for my proof of insurance he asked me who I had and said "I believe you."

What?!

He really should have been able to confirm that, though. Still, I had not realized my headlight was out, so I was happy about the experience.

When I was in Germany we were told to not mess with the Polizei, they were allowed to use physical force when they felt it was necessary. Last night the officer put his hand on his gun for a moment. I do not think there was a specific reason for it, no more than me putting my hands in my pockets, but it was... exciting.

VSKid.
VSkid?

Technology definitely has its limitations. The last time I flew I was held up waiting for everyone trying to use their smartphones. When it worked it was faster, but it often did not work.

Last edited by Xist; 09-18-2017 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Guns!