View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
I have been looking at doing something for my explorer. From what I have seen SUVS tend to get a larger boost. That would be why most new ones are sporting factory air dams. Yet it's interesting when u look at the rear of many they still leave pockets that will catch a ton of air in the bumper. Little parachute action in the 2000s will have to check a bit closer on some of the newer models. Wife's 2016 expedition has some parachute going on but nothing drastic like the 02 ex. I feel with most cars they have a slight rake to them now and nothing significant hanging down. Golf ball dimple laminar floor deal would be probably the best way to go for a belly pan obviously. Lot of work though from what others have posted. Otherwise wheel spats seem to be a great one. Since adding a dam decreases your ground clearance. You may have to suck it up and spend time on the pan if u drive in rougher areas. My local area would be terrible for a dam on any car. Transition into parking lots for the most part is only suits for an SUV. My Monte Carlo bottomed out like crazy as does my cruze that replaced it.