View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
stovie
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
I'm not sure to which point it would be so great to add steam, since it's already expanding and would displace some oxygen at the intake tract and decrease the effective compression. Water droplets might be still better in the end, because there is more expansion left to happen inside the cylinders and it may retain more residual heat that would otherwise be wasted through the cylinder walls.[/QUOTE]

I remember watching a utube video were this guy used a scope camera to look into his intake and exhaust on his car, and the were pretty badly carboned up(I believe it was a early 90's Honda Civic?!?)

He then got one of those portable steamer cleaners with a power inverter in his car to power it, and ran that to his cars intake will it was running. It immediately ran smooth as silk, and he ran it on his car for 2-3 refills(steamer refills!!) and then rescoped the motor and everything looked like it had just come off the factory floor that morning!!

If I remember correctly he also got around 3-5mpg improvement after running the steamer through his car.