View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #195 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Well, it's been a year now that I've been driving the Volt.

Honestly, I don't have any negatives to throw out there, I love the car as much as I had anticipated! I ran a couple of tanks of gas through it over the year since I ended up driving it long distances a few times, but for my daily commute it's been all EV, and it's been a really positive experience.

The nightly charging routine only takes a couple of seconds to plug it in and then unplug again in the morning, and it's second nature at this point. The battery doesn't show any signs of degrading whatsoever, and I still get the mileage out of a charge that I did when I bought it (unless I drive in sport mode which I tend to do a lot). I run the Ac and stereo the whole drive, and usually the lights are on in the morning since I go to work early, but I still have enough juice to make the 38 mile commute with miles to spare even when I do drive in sport mode.

All in all I'm really happy with the car, it turned out to be just what I needed for my particular commute and lifestyle. It's hard to miss my Insight when I traded up for a Volt

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
Ecky (10-02-2017), Kimonoskunk (10-24-2017), vskid3 (10-04-2017), wdb (10-04-2017)