View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #430 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I often find the truth of any matter to be close to the center of any two extreme positions.
Take any politician. Are they really as good or as bad as people like to say? The United States has survived dozens of presidents and will survive many more. Strong opinions sound exhausting. I only strongly dislike many things because I am grumpy. People making "literally" an auto-antonym, saying "I was like" instead of "I felt," "I thought," and "I said," and humming.

Is any of that important?

...no...

People rarely want to watch realistic movies. News stories often make things sound like the end of the world, and politicians want us to think their agenda is the most important thing ever.

I see many YouTube videos that have thumbnails of people having extreme reasons and have extreme titles. People follow individuals with strong opinions.

Can you imagine a successful YouTube channel where someone calmly explains how both Republicans and Democrats exaggerate their sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle?

Some people say we cannot reverse Animaniac global warming. The Paris Awards would cost $100 Trillion just for the first step to reduce antimatter global warming.
How much would it cost to create a solar shade? If you reduce solar radiation by 1%, how much would it cool that area?

Couldn't you use solar shades to equalize temperatures around a hurricane?