View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #98 (permalink)
ChazFisher
EcoModding Lurker

Harold, that is a really, really, nice, clean, power stage package. I suppose I should expect no less from Honda. I looked it up on an online parts fiche, and it looks to me like they have all 6 igbts in a single module - a "6-pack." I'd want to see if there's a manufacturer part number on it, but I'll bet its a Mitsubishi part. It looks like the gate drive connections are on the left side of the module (the way your picture is oriented). The black boxes on the right side, that the bus bars go thru, are the phase current sensors.

I'm going to have to prowl eBay and find one of these. I think I've seen some that also include the control logic board. While I think simply replacing that with Paul's controller is the smart move, having it in hand would go a long way towards puzzling it out.

This isn't going to be quick, but getting igbt, bus bars, and dc link capacitors for less than the price of one igbt module from Mouser.com is well worth the effort!

<Edit>
OK, found an eBay picture where I could read the part number: PM300CJA060. That's a 300 A, 600 V, 3-phase inverter module. Remember how e-vektor on Endless-Sphere took the eAssist motor and converted from Y to delta, then finally used the Curtis 600A controller to get pretty good performance? He was pushing the full 600A thru that motor that his controller would do. This module will only do about half that much current. On the other hand, it will handle way more than the 96 V he used. So I need to think about whether leaving it Y-connected, and pushing the voltage way up, would be a viable option.........

Last edited by ChazFisher; 10-25-2017 at 08:00 PM..