View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
There is a good chance all of my cables were made in China.

I used rubber bands to hold my phone to a wireless charger in my car. It seemed like I needed to trade in my Otter Box for one with a inductive plate, although I just bought a battery case.

I like my $20 Wal-Mart wireless charging stand way more than my $40 Target round one, but again, after a week or two, I had the same issues. I wish I could try this: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wirel.../dp/B00NT5LDJ0, but I could purchase a phone that charges for $80.

There is probably a decent alternative that costs much less.

Inductive charging supposedly degrades batteries.

Know Your Mobile has a page called "Clean your dirty hole!" and says, if you have an iPhone, jam a toothpick in there, and pry out the lint, boogers, and space trash, but if you have an Android, "the internals of a microUSB port has more delicate connectors that can easily bend or snap off under too much pressure." They recommend 5-6 short bursts of compressed air at an angle, then shine a flashlight in and make sure everything is out.

I am going to try that and report back, but so far, nobody else seems to have the same problem.

My battery did not last long enough when it was new. It rarely lasted one day at drill with light usage. Samsung decided to make the phone thinner and lighter, instead of having a good battery, but it must be worse now.