View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #200 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

The logic of your post is fractured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaud View Post
Yes and that waste has to go somewhere.

Do you always knee-jerk react before speaking? Learn some history. 15 years ago the governor of California got replaced due to blackouts. I see us heading in the same direction.

Do your reading.
Though I may differ with Oil Pan 4 about global warming, I agree with him that much of it is hysteria. It is very evident the planet is warming. 97% of scientists agree with this. What they don't tell you is how many of these same scientists disagree as to the "why" of global warming.

The Paris agreement seeks to lock the world's industrial societies into a multi-trillion dollar (euro ) solution to stop global warming when it ignores many other inputs into the equation.

I have mentioned in other posts how the oceans act as a tremendous buffer to absorb CO2 and sequester it. The Cliffs of Dover are a testament to some of that ability. We always look to the terrestrial forests and forget the fecund biosphere that resides in the first few meters of the oceans as well as on it's floor. Many areas of our oceans are not healthy. The Paris Agreement ignores this man made input. We may do better to study our effects on oceans and their ability to absorb CO2.

The Paris Agreement also ignores Albedo. Our cities and towns change the environment around them by the simple fact our constructs absorb the sun's output and turn it into heat, for the most part. Our farming and forestry practices, though often seen as insignificant to our warming trend, have impactful effects on albedo. We should study these effects more thoroughly.

There are more areas that need study and are getting far less funding and scrutiny because they are not directly CO2 related.

We just may concentrate on industrial and transportation cuts in CO2 and find out it was only a small part of the equation and we have doomed ourselves and following generations to a financial burden that we needed not have carried.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
chefdave (10-30-2017)