View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
smallscaleH2
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr45 View Post
Actually it is a three wheeler with a rather narrow track. Consequently it leans into corners.
What's the brand/model ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
For those short of cash find a used tandem bike and the rear end of an adult tricycle. Add a coroplast shell and a hub motor front wheel.
Covered bikes/e-bikes, velomobiles are cost-effective for people doing slightly longer distances. Can be combined with a vehicle that offers th same uses as a car (tuktuk, ...). Mentioned this at page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
If I could get a tuktuk and easily make it reach speeds suitable to road traffic, I would most likely not ever want a more conventional econobox anymore.
Actually, that's already possible. The tuktuk links I gave have tuktuks on offer (equipped with 600cc gasoline engine) that reach a top speed of 100 km/h. So enough for freeway use (minimum speed 70, max 120). I think that if the tuktuk's modified a bit (ie by adding plastic coverings on either side, and/or lightening it by removing non-essential parts (ie seatings, ...) you could even get it to the freeway top speed (120 km/h).