View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
seifrob
Permanent Lurker

Dáčenka - '10 Dacia / Renault Logan MCV 1.5 dCi (X90 k9k)
90 day: 47.08 mpg (US)
Sounds kinda defeated to me. I know nothing about how your bussiness is going, but as I see it, you are miles ahead of all of them.

1) there is no proof Nikola Motors is not second Elio. I still think their truck is more vaporware than real product.
2) Mr. Musk is looking way too much to the future. having autonomous electric personal transport is one thing, having electric multi ton rig with potentionally hazardous cargo driving on its own is completely different story. Never mind 300 miles range they offer.
3) You do not need completely new infrastructure. There are plenty of gas stations right now. Your truck can go anywhere where regular trucks go nowadays. Send any electric truck to northern territory and watch the show. 4) even the E.U starts to admit that electric future is not as bright as they hoped and we simply are not ready for massive electrification. Diesel will stay at least few decades.
5) For conservative investor, improving already proven technology is the way to go, and its you who did it.
Your solution makes perfect sense, you have experience, you have manufacturing capacity, you use off the shelf parts and proven chassis and axles from big rig manufacturer (do you still ??), so your customers could service their StarShips anywhere they want.

Do not give up. All you need is few more engine options, hybrid and ICE only version so your customers can choose, and better marketing.
(To be honest, what Nikola motors did was masterpiece of marketing and I was so sorry they made it sooner than you did.)

Last edited by seifrob; 11-11-2017 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: fixed typos, added clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to seifrob For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-11-2017)