View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
whew! I'm not in the pictures. From the comments:

Quote:
DL:Idiotic.

Once group-share autonomous EVs hit the market there will be no demand for a vehicle like this (as if there were such a demand to begin with).
The FUV supposedly is 'autonomous-ready'. It seems like that would require power steering. There is a smart-phone cradle in the handlebar, for Enlighten or Über or whatever.

Most of the comments about it being neither a tuk-tuk or a tiny door-slammer ignore the architecture with the low center of gravity, [supposedly] well-tuned suspension and opportunity for torque-vectoring in software. I have yet to drive one, but I sat in one and grabbed the rear-passenger handles and rocked it back and forth, I can fill in the acceleration and deceleration in my head. I am curious about turn-in and other dynamical things that would come out in a short course with orange cones.

Quote:
Too bad we couldn't have a choice of who I like more, or better yet...
What could be better than that?

edit:
The same article on a different site has a video of the folding back seat. It's embedded so you'd have to scroll to the bottom: https://electric-bmw.blogspot.com/20...livery-of.html

Is that cool or what?

Last edited by freebeard; 11-22-2017 at 03:32 PM..