View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
AviationMetalSmith
EcoModding Lurker

Sub-Topic :

Getting people to sign waivers before letting them test ride your vehicle.
And Beta Testing in general. I came across THIS Disclaimer today. I am thinking more people would participate IF they had the option to exchange the Beta Version for a First Production Run Vehicle , when the Beta Trial is over :

About our Beta Program
•The heart of everything we do at N______ is to make your life easier. By giving you quick access to important public data such as live transit times and weather updates, you can make informed decisions about your time and wellbeing.
•But to do that we need your help. We need beta-testers and early adopters to test out our product and correspond with us to make it better.
Here's how it works:
•You'll receive 1 _________ for the city of your choice ( NYC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco).
During the first month, you'll receive THREE online surveys. Each will take less than 5 minutes to complete.
•At the end of your month, you'll have the option of a phone call with one of our co-founders or a final email summary of your experience of __________
•If you've completed all 3 surveys and the final phone call or email, you'll be eligible to exchange your unit for the newest release FOR FREE. Upgrades are only available for the newest ____ units. Upgrades are not applicable to other frames such as The Bushwick or The Flatiron.
•You also have the choice of keeping your ____unit for no additional price.

It wouldn't actually be worded like this, but I think it a great disclaimer.
I've always printed disclaimers and I've never been sued.
But I think this one has a provision that would allow the exchange of the 13th prototype for an early production run vehicle, and that would allay their concerns somewhat.
The Following User Says Thank You to AviationMetalSmith For This Useful Post:
Grant-53 (11-26-2017)